Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Friday Finish on Sunday!

We spent more than 24 hours without power on Friday & Saturday thanks to Winter Storm Atlas. We got somewhere in the realm of 3 feet of snow, with winds gusting to 70 mph on Friday night into Saturday morning. It was chilly in our house, but we survived with a new appreciation for electricity & heat!

Here is the view from our back door. The snow was drifting over our 4' fence and we had drifts back there up to 7' tall!


I had one finish this week. It's a doll/wall quilt for an online swap. The theme for this swap was triangles, so I used the Candy Dish pillow pattern from Jaybird Quilts and added a strip to each end to make it a little bit longer. I love how it turned out! I hope the recipient loves it, too! I used Kona in Ash for the background and Cotton Couture solids by Michael Miller for the triangles. It was my first time using Cotton Couture and they are very soft!




Everything in our town was closed Friday, Saturday & today, and it sounds like most things will be closed tomorrow as well. A school snow day hopefully means a quilting day for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment