Friday, June 21, 2013

Finish It Up Friday

I only have one finish this week, but I also have 3 more blocks to show you from the Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt Along that I'm doing. First I made a doll quilt for a swap that is going on this month. It is supposed to be for doll quilts, but all of us participating are planning on using the quilt we receive as a wall hanging. Most of the ladies in the swap indicated that they prefer modern quilts. I hope this is modern enough for them! I don't have a lot of experience making modern quilts, but I love this one! The pattern is my version of "Northern Lights" by Jaybird Quilts. I made it using the 5" half hex ruler from Missouri Star Quilt Co. I am tempted to keep this & make another one for the swap, but I won't!
Here are my blocks 10-12 for the Tula Pink sampler. I love how this is turning out so far! Block 10 (should be rotated 1/4 turn)
Block 11
Block 12 (should be rotated 1/4 turn)
Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up today, and every Friday, with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I like your city sampler blocks as I'm interested in using Happy-go-lucky for it as well. How hard is it to put the colours together? Are you still happy with it? How did you choose the solids and how many did you choose? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I would like to apologize for my delayed response. It's been a busy few weeks here! I have found it fairly easy to put colors together with this line. I am very happy with the way it is turning out! (Even though I am getting behind on my blocks!) I chose solids based on the fabrics in the line and I have a solid to match each colorway in the line. I believe I have 7 solids (white, gray, yellow, coral, orange, green, & dark blue). I hope that info helps you!

    ReplyDelete