Friday, June 14, 2013

A Whole Bunch of Blocks....and a Tiny Finish

I missed blogging last week, so I should have a lot to show, right? Not so much! Summer has caught up to me and I haven't done as much sewing as I would've liked. I'm doing the Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt Along, so I have 9 blocks to show you. I'm sewing them in "Happy Go Lucky" by Bonnie & Camille along with coordinating Kona solids. So far I'm the only one in the quilt along who is using this fabric and I'm one of the few who is using a light/flowery fabric combination. A lot of participants are using Tula Pink fabric and her style couldn't be more different from mine! See for yourself here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/citysamplerquiltalong/ First up are blocks 1-3.
Blocks 4-6
Blocks 7-9
I did forget my one finish for the week. I've decided to, once again, enter a few items in our fair this August. Last year I entered quilts, a sewn bag, a cloth diaper, & a girl's skirt. This year I've decided to expand my entries to include more sewn items. Yesterday's experiment was doll clothes. I bought this pattern from Kotton Candy on Etsy and whipped one up right away. I love how it turned out! I made a few small mistakes that I will correct in my final fair entry, but this one will make a lovely addition to a doll's closet. It is sized to fit an American Girl doll and is being hand-modeled by my almost 7 year old daughter.
Linking up to Finish It Up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts. Head over there to see everyone's awesome finishes for the week! http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2013/06/going-old-school.html

2 comments: