Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, New Stash Addition

I, like many other quilters, have made a resolution in 2013 to try & use more fabric than I buy. I was doing well on avoiding temptation until I went to the LQS's preview party this past Saturday. I found some "Sunkissed" fabric in the clearance room and it just had to come home with me! I already have some of that fabric for a quilt and I figured more was better. I ended up with 3 1/4 yards in a mixture of yardage and FQ's. I already put it in my stash with the rest of what I had, so I don't have a pic of it to share. (Here is a link to the pdf of the prints at Moda: http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_Sunkissed.pdf ) I am making my quilt out of just the orange, yellow & green fabrics. No pink or gray here!

I don't feel so bad about adding to my stash since I've already sewn some this year! I made my Mom a bucket bag for her birthday. (http://www.michellepatterns.com/product/bucket-bag-pdf-sewing-pattern) I made it out of denim and used Kona cotton in navy for the lining. I forgot to take a pic of it before I wrapped it, so I'll have to get a pic of it when I go to visit her later this week. It used 1 1/4 yards, so stash is ahead for the year, but not by much.

Fabric purchased: 3 1/4 yards
Fabric used: 1 1/4 yards
Total for 2013: +2 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment